Going abroad is always exciting but you may be disappointed by some realities of the country when you’re already there. Be prepared to some aspects of life in Kaliningra d region beforehand. Hope this information will be useful for all tourists.
Here’s 10 Things for You to Keep in Mind on Your Way to Experience Kaliningrad region:
1. Be patient if crossing the border takes more time than you expect;
2. Public transportation in the city is quite good, but you won’t find any timetables on the bus/tram stops;
3. There are no websites with info on the city transportation system;
4. In most restaurants menu is not in English;
5. If travelling by car – beware of some potholes, manholes and cobblestone roads and be careful – the traffic is heavy in the city but the most dangerous for you can be the Russian drivers who are called here ‘crazy’;
6. Receiving calls from your relatives or friends can cost you a fortune when you’re far from home, take care of Kaliningrad local Sim cards, they can be bought in kiosks or there’s an opportunity to buy International Sim card;
7. Kaliningrad weather can be unpredictable – be ready for any of its changes, expect rains and strong winds in autumn and beginning of winter;
8. Take taxis with counters only, so you won’t be cheated;
9. There’s a lack of access ramps and lifts for disabled travellers;
And 10. If you’d like to stay in the city just for 2-3 days, bear in mind that there’s a possibility to get 3-days’ visas at the borders with Kaliningrad.
Enjoy Your Staying in Kaliningrad Region!
Share with us your own experience and add your comments below!
Written by Olga
2010@all rights reserved